Xpression is a full-featured portable realtime writer. Consider these awesome translation features:
- Drag/drop detection — Xpression will automatically scan the keyboard for possible dragged or dropped keys. It will automatically adjust a keystroke to yield a translation.Automatic stack detection — This feature analyzes every keystroke for potential stacking. If it senses that the user has stacked keystrokes, it will automatically split the stroke.
- Automatic stack detection — This feature analyzes every keystroke for potential stacking. If it senses that the user has stacked keystrokes, it will automatically split the stroke.
- Automatic number conversion — Uses a set of predefined or user-defined rules to convert numbers automatically.
- Automatic number conversion — Uses a set of predefined or user-defined rules to convert numbers automatically.RTF/CRE, ASCII, and PTF export — Allows the user to export files in a standard format.
- RTF/CRE, ASCII, and PTF export — Allows the user to export files in a standard format.
- User-defined fonts — Choose the font size and colors that are easy on your eyes
- Conflict resolution — Automatic conflict resolution (scheduled for release later this year).
- Search — Tap on the screen to search for previous Q or A.
Xpression is compatible with all popular CAT systems. It is also compatible with older systems which are compatible with the ProCAT Flash Writer.
Unlike our competitor, ProCAT has always used solid-state memory to store user files. We find the memory technology to be more reliable and faster than a 3.5″ floppy diskette. Xpression has three storage devices to ensure reliable operation and redundancy.
- Slot 1: Micro Secure Digital Card – The mSD drive in the Xpression is used to store your dictionaries, user configuration files, and backup of recent jobs. mSD cards are frequently used in consumer products such as cameras and cell phones. The mSD card slot is expandable to 64 GB.
- Slot 2: Micro Secure Digital Card — The second mSD drive in Xpression is used to store steno files, transcript files, audio files, user configuration files, and backup of recent jobs. SD cards are frequently used in consumer products such as cameras and cell phones. The SD card slot is expandable to 64 GB.
- Onboard Flash Memory — The onboard memory is used as a third backup unit to store your notes. The onboard memory has the capacity to store as many as 5,000,000 -keystrokes synchronized with time.
The display unit is a color WXGA, LED backlit, and touch-sensitive LCD. You may use your fingertip or a stylus to tap on the screen to perform various functions — very much like a smartphone or tablet computer (i.e. iPad)
There are three communication ports in the Xpression that will address all possibilities:
- WiFi — Stream realtime testimony to your clients on Windows, Android, or Apple devices over the WiFi port.
- USB Client — Use this USB port to upload or download files, dictionary, user configuration files, etc. A USB cable is included to synchronize your files.
- USB Host — You may attach intelligent devices (i.e. Flash drive, hubs, etc.) for the purpose of adding additional functionality to your Xpression.
- Bluetooth — Wireless connection to your CAT software. Xpression comes with an additional Bluetooth adapter for your PC.
- Serial USB — Serial port adds backward compatibility for all legacy systems. You may use a USB cable to communicate with you CAT system.
Audio Recording, Monitoring, and Playback
Use the built-in audio recording port to synchronize the audio with translated text. Audio files will be stored on the primary CF drive.
Xpression uses two microprocessors to eliminate stacking and to provide redundancy. The primary processor handles the realtime features while the secondary processor is used to capture the keystrokes.
The Xpression weighs only 4.8 lbs. It is by far the lightest writer on the market.
Xpression comes with a soft-sided carrying case.
The memory cards are formatted in a “PC” readable format. Therefore, you can use the PC-Card slot on your computer to read your notes from a flash card into the hard drive.
Xpression is available in Tuxedo, Late’, and Azure.
Xpression is a Paperless only. Please contact yours ProCAT sales consultant for additional information on our ProCAT Stylus and ProCAT Flash writers. These writers offer the option to use paper.
Xpression comes with a one-year limited warranty including the use of a loaner if you have to return your writer to the depot for repairs.