ProCAT Winner (Steno Edition)
Winner represents over three decades of industry experience, and a tradition of many industry firsts. It is the most robust and feature-rich computer-aided transcription available for the court reporting industry. It offers the most desirable features, yet is very simple to use. Transition to Winner for new users is very simple due to the similarity of its “custom” keyboards for other CAT products. Additionally, user note and transcript files may be imported from selected CAT systems into Winner. Winner (steno edition) has been designed specifically for the court reporters which use a stenotype machine to produce a verbatim record of a proceeding. We invite you to contact us to request a demonstration CD and product literature or arrange for an online presentation. The following is an overview of the features and benefits of the ProCAT Winner.
- Technology — ProCAT is proud to be at the forefront of the information technology. Our tradition to apply leading-edge technology to our products started when we first opened shop. In 1982, we believed in the power and potential of the PC platform and we were the first to create a PC-based CAT system. Recognizing the important role that Windows will play in our lives, we incorporated this technology into the industry’s first 16-bit CAT software in 1993. As Windows technology has evolved, so has Winner. Winner2000 was introduced in 1998 as the first 32-bit CAT software. Winner 2017 is the latest version of Winner.
- User Interface — A software should not have to be difficult to learn to be good! In fact, if it looks too difficult, then it is not well thought out and you’ll lose time and money learning it. Winner has adopted the look and feel of the Microsoft® products to ease the transition for first-time CAT users. Updating to Winner from earlier versions of ProCAT software is a breeze because it accepts the old command structure. Winner also has alternate keyboard layouts that simplify the transition from other CAT systems to Winner. These alternate keyboards are set up to behave like your old software.
- Features — The fact is that every CAT software can produce a transcript, but helping you improve your efficiency and offer features that increase the opportunity to generate additional revenue, is what we do best! Consider these one-of-a-kind features:
- Realtime — Realtime for The Rest of Us! ProCAT introduced the first portable realtime software in 1986. Since the introduction of the first realtime software, we have continued to add intelligence to our software to help you produce a “cleaner” transcript, with minimum effort.
- Winner’s automatic number processing continually scans the realtime text to locate a sequence of events that would trigger the formatting of numbers (either numerals or words). This process automatically formats: telephone number, Social Security number, dollar amount, measurement, caliber, date, and time. It is important to emphasize the fact that there is no need for the user to change their writing style to accommodate the number conversion. Winner does it automatically!
- Automatic conflict resolution agent monitors the translation and traps the homonyms. Then using a knowledgebase it selects the appropriate word that completes the sentence. The knowledgebase grows as a user uses the software.
- Instant editing enables a user to translate and edit simultaneously. This feature makes daily and expedited jobs a breeze.
- The morphological analysis controls the word endings. There is no need to predefine every word. Enter root words and word endings and let Winner connect them.
- AudioTrack™ is an automatic sound recording and synchronization feature in realtime. Activate this feature in realtime to record the spoken words and then play them back while editing to proof your transcript.
- The Super Token feature enables a user to define speaker’s names on the fly and change them as needed.
- Automatic punctuation maintains a grammatically correct format.
- Proper noun recognition and formatting assure the correct case.
- Winner offers several time-stamping formats to choose from. The time stamps may appear on every line, every paragraph, or every occurrence of a question or answer. Time stamping feature is designed to meet the Canadian format requirements.
- Enlarge the screen zoom to make the text more readable or reduce the zoom to create space on the screen. This feature is ideal for CART reporters needing to display their text on a large screen for the hard of hearing or visually impaired person.
- Connect your realtime translation output to any popular attorney browser.
- Access any dictionary during realtime. The dictionary juggle function enables the user to view the dictionary entries before adding an entry to a dictionary.
- Unparalleled speed and performance. Winner realtime is optimized to translate and display a word immediately.
- Control the flow of the realtime from your steno keyboard.
- Issues keyboard commands (i.e. cursor movement, text editing, etc.) from the steno keyboard.
- View translation statistics.
- Editing — Reality is that every CAT software can produce a transcript. What makes ProCAT unique is its two decades of research and development that has made the Winner Editor the most powerful, yet easy to learn and use. You will spend about 70% of your time editing a transcript. Using a software that has been designed with you in mind will make your job much more efficient. Here are some of the unique features that has made Winner the choice of thousands of professional reporters:
- AutoEdit™ — probably one of the most powerful features of the editor is the automatic suggest translation feature. This feature automatically suggests an English definition for an untranslated word. This will save you thousands of keystrokes per job.
- AutoProof™ — with the press of a single key, Winner will automatically proof an entire transcript. It searches for common grammatical and style errors. When it locates an inconsistency, it offers a correcting action.
- AutoIndex™ — Talk about time-savers, this ProCAT-first saves you hours because it will automatically produce an index page for you.
- Super Token and Form Fields are placeholders in your transcripts and include files. Placing the cursor on a field and pressing the lookup key will offer a list of replacements for the field (i.e. names and addresses of law firms in an appearance page).
- PowerKeys™ — Use this feature to create keyboard shortcuts to make your editing even more efficient.
- Dictionary juggle enables the user to look up entries in the dictionaries from the editor.
- AudioTrack™ lets the user play back audio synchronized with the text.
- The scan function jumps to untranslated steno outlines and it plays back the audio corresponding to the steno outline.
- Embed exhibits in a transcript. Use an off-the-shelf flatbed scanner and convert your exhibit to a digital format then embed them into a transcript.
- Embed an audio message in your transcript to remind yourself or a scoper of an event.
- And many more…
- Form Fields — Form fields are placeholders in your include files. You can replace these fields in an include file with the actual name from a database. This feature eliminates the need to repeatedly enter the same text into the editor.
- 3D-transcript™ — With the advent of the 32-bit technology it is possible to combine various data formats (i.e. text, audio, and video) in a single bundle (in a universal format) for delivery to an end-user. You can use your Winner editor to embed audio, video, and images into a transcript and deliver the same to your clients using a standard format such as RTF or HTML.
- Dictionary Maintenance — A well-tuned dictionary is the foundation for efficient realtime translation and editing. ProCAT has always placed a great deal of emphasis on creating maintenance functions that enable a user to access a dictionary quickly. Here are some of the functions offered in Winner Dictionary Maintenance:
- Import dictionary from other CAT systems
- Import/Export globals
- Import globals from Stentura8000
- Export dictionaries to Stentura 8000
- Add entries
- Change entries
- Remove entries
- Spell check a dictionary
- Find/Replace dictionary entries (global search)
- Optimize dictionary
- Dictionary statistics
- Steno-based pattern search
- English-based pattern search
- View conflicts only
- Writers — Winner is compatible with all popular writers, but we highly recommend using the Flash Writer. Flash has been optimized to deliver the highest transmission speed in realtime. Here is the list of writers compatible with Winner:
- ProCAT Xpression™
- ProCAT i m p r e s s i o n™
- ProCAT Tempo™
- ProCAT Blaze™
- ProCAT Stylus™
- ProCAT Flash™
- ProCAT Stenopaq™ I
- ProCAT Stenopaq II
- Stentura 200SRT/400SRT/500/6000/8000/8000LX
- Baron Transcriptor X
- StenoRAM III/III Plus/Ultra
- Note Scope — From time to time it may be necessary to scan a note file to search and translate only a portion of a steno file. The Note Scope function has been provided to enable a user to create an excerpt or to merge several note files into a single file. Note Scope also provides:
- Review steno files
- Create job dictionary entries
- Cut and paste note
- Merge note files
- Search and display steno marks
- Importing & Exporting — ProCAT has been a vocal supporter of data exchange using a standard format. Winner supports data import and export using pure RTF and its variation as adopted by the RTF/CRE pact amongst the CAT vendors. Winner supports the following export formats:
- Print image ASCII
- Pure ASCII
- Backup and Restore — No matter how reliable a computer may be, it is still necessary to keep an accurate and complete backup of your files. Winner offers two backup methods:
- Archive Wizard — It is by far the easiest file backup and restore program. It is designed to be very simple to operate. It is based on Microsoft’s wizard technology. It simply walks a user step-by-step through a file backup/restore process, and it will automatically compress the files in the universal zip format.
“I have always given Pro Cat high praises with my fellow colleagues concerning your superior quality products and for technical support! Thank you for your continued excellent service!”
“I talk a lot about ProCAT to people and will continue to do so. I’ve been a very happy customer for so many years. Thank you!“
“John is a true professional & very knowledgeable. Thank you for having such a helpful rep. on your staff.“
“Jose is not only knowledgeable but PATIENT. To our customers and myself that is the name of the game. Never makes excuses.“
“No one at ProCAT made me feel like an idiot, the way the tech people from [Another CAT company] do, and for that I am grateful. John was gracious, patient beyond belief, and always accessible.“
“ProCAT is a wonderful product, but the most important thing is the support team always responds back immediately and doesn’t stop until they fix the problem.!!!“
“I always request Chris because he’s so knowledgeable and understands my “situation.” I appreciate his patience in helping me understand my concerns.“
“I think Jose is one of the best technicians you have. He is always courteous, very patient, knows the system, and teaches you something new each time. He is my preferred technician and a great asset to your company!“
“As the young people would say “PROCAT ROCKS”“
“You have an awesome team together and I’ve had nothing but good experiences with each member of your team. Many thanks and hats off to all of you from a happy customer.Absolutely enjoyed working with Chris. He not only answered my questions and fixed my problem, but was very pleasant to talk with. We even joked around.. Great Personality!!!!!“
“You have an awesome team together and I’ve had nothing but good experiences with each member of your team. Many thanks and hats off to all of you from a happy customer.“